Configuring the eFORMz Port Monitor
To capture incoming print files (or spoolfiles) from an alternative host system to a directory on your Windows operating system:
1. Create a new eFORMz Port by executing one of the two batch files from:
This directory holds both 32bit (AddPortMonitor.bat) and 64bit
(AddPortMonitor64.bat) versions of the install:
2. Add a new printer via your Windows Printer Wizard (START Menu > Control Panel > Printers > Add Printer).
3. Select LOCAL PRINTER and then click Next.
4. Choose Create New Printer Port. From the drop down list select eFORMz Port Monitor. Click Next.
5. From the eFORMz Port Monitor dialog box enter the port name and number (id).
We recommend using the format EFZn where n is a value number.
6. Using the browse button for the Capture Directory field select the folder where you would like your captured files to reside:
Optional Filename allows you to give the file name a unique name as files are placed into the capture directory. All files will contain this naming convention with a automated time stamp: my_new_template_201307112240263320.zpl
NOTE: In the Optional Filename field, include only the prefix of the name and the extension, as in test.prn. Do not include an asterisk. For example, test.prn will become test_201307112240263320.prn.
Record file capture in Event log can remain unchecked.
Check Use printer name for capture file name only if you wish the data file name to replicate the name of the printer, otherwise, leave unchecked.
Check Trace to implement tracing on the port monitor, leave unchecked. Click OK when complete.
NOTE: The resulting trace file can be found in the Windows System32 folder noted as ‘efzmon.tra’.
7. Select Generic as the Manufacturer and Generic/Text Only as the Printer type.
8. Select Keep Existing Driver.
9. Enter a Printer Name. The printer name should match the QUEUE name that is specified on your host system sending the print files (spoolfiles) to your Windows operating system. Once complete your new port will be added: