Paginating XML Data
You can place data from an XML source using rules, or you can place the data with a document template. Both methods work well. However, you must use a document template if your XML data exceeds one page. This post shows how to set up XML data that might cover multiple pages.
This example is of a picklist with numerous lines. It works for data that is less than one full page or many pages in length.
- eFORMz Composer 10.02 or higher installed
- A data file in XML format
Complete the following steps to paginate your XML data.
- Start the eFORMz Composer and open your project.
- Load your XML data by right clicking the form icon in the Project window > Display Form and Data and select your data file.
- In the Viewer window, right click the top object > Add Variables to add all of the XML variables to the form.
- Create a document template on the form. Data that is paginated is usually in a table with variables in columns of the table. Add a row to the table, add cells to the row for as many columns as you want displayed. To each cell, add a paragraph and a variable value.
- Right click the row > Edit > General.
- Select Normal row. In the Repeat using section, click Repeat of variable and select one of the variables included in your table.
- In the Span Pages area, do not select Allow.
- Click OK and save your project.
- You might need to adjust the table margins, fonts, and other attributes to suit your design requirements.