Toshiba DB-EA4D Recommended Settings
Last Updated on by
For a Toshiba DB-EA4D printer without a peeler, the recommended firmware is GENT4 version 0035.
For optimal printing, Minisoft recommends our proprietary print driver for the Toshiba DB-EA4D printer. Our print driver has the following benefits:
- Connect directly to Linux, HP/UX, AIX and iSeries systems without a Windows print server.
- Improved resolution (no re-scaling between the document and the printer).
- Easy parcel shipper connectivity.
- Reduced file size and increased print speeds.
To configure Minisoft’s proprietary print driver, simply switch the Toshiba DB-EA4D driver to Generic / Text Only. If the Generic / Text Only option does not show up in the drop-down menu, select New Driver and add it.
To add the Toshiba DB-EA4D printer to eFORMz, view the following tutorial: http://support.minisoft.com/index.php/adding-a-new-printer/
Following the flowchart in Chapter 5 on Page 29 at http://support.minisoft.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/DTP-DB-EA4D-Owners-Manual.pdf helps ensure you complete the setup steps correctly and in the right order. This is also the first place to begin troubleshooting setup problems.
Label Black Mark or I-Mark requirements:
The optimal Black Mark Length for a DuplexPackSlip® label utilized with the Toshiba DB-EA4D printer is 2.0 to 10.0 mm (length in the direction of paper travel) and 12.0 mm wide. The relative location of the perforation is menu-configurable.
Printing Two-sided Labels from eFORMz
To print two-sided thermal labels from your Toshiba DB EA4D printer, you must use two-sided thermal stock. You must also add the printer to eFORMz and add two options in the Printer Configuration window:
- In the Printer Configuration window’s Printer options section, click Add.
- Set Duplex enabled to Yes and click OK:
- Click Add, set Resolution to 8 dots/mm and click OK.
- Save your printer configuration.