Troubleshooting a Database Connection
Problem: Your database connection is not working.
Solution: A database connection can fail for a number of reasons. These basic troubleshooting steps resolve common issues.
- On the database server, verify the database is available, you are using the correct credentials, and the ID you are using is authorized to query the database.
- In the eFORMz Composer, verify your database connection definition is correct. See Supported URL and Driver Classes for details.
- Open your project in the eFORMz Composer.
- Right click the project > Databases, click the database connection that failed, and click Edit.
- Click Test.
- On the database server, verify that TCP/IP has been correctly configured, and that you are connecting to the correct port. TCP/IP configuration details specific to SQL Server are at http://blog.citrix24.com/configure-sql-express-to-accept-remote-connections/.