Troubleshooting: eFORMz Service Does not Start
Problem: The eFORMz Service Manager fails to start or gets stuck while starting. You might also receive one of the following errors:
- “1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”
- “The eFORMz ServiceManger 64 service on hostname started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”
Solution: Try the following steps to fix these problems.
- If the service is stuck in Starting state, you must get the eFORMz service out of Starting state by following the procedure at How to Kill a Service Stuck on Stopping or Starting.
- Restart the Print Spooler service, and then try restarting the eFORMz service. If it gets stuck starting, kill the service.
- If you have a 64-bit system, and you installed the 64-bit service, eFORMz might be trying to use a 32-bit version of Java on your system. Or if your system has a Java version earlier than Java 8, eFORMz cannot find all the resource that it requires. To use the 64-bit version of Java 8 to fix these problems, update jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini to use the 64-bit, Java 8 JRE that comes with eFORMz:
A. Edit jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini.
B. Remove the semicolon from the following line to uncomment the statement:
C. Save and close the file.
D. Start the eFORMz service.
Contact Minisoft Support if the service still does not start.