Troubleshooting: eFORMz Service Does not Start
Problem: The eFORMz Service Manager fails to start or gets stuck while starting. You might also receive one of the following errors:
- “1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”
- “The eFORMz ServiceManger 64 service on hostname started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”
Solution: Try the following steps to fix these problems.
- If the service is stuck in Starting state, you must get the eFORMz service out of Starting state by following the procedure at How to Kill a Service Stuck on Stopping or Starting.
- Restart the Print Spooler service, and then try restarting the eFORMz service. If it gets stuck starting, kill the service.
- If you have a 64-bit system, and you installed the 64-bit service, eFORMz might be trying to use a 32-bit version of Java on your system. Or if your system has a Java version earlier than Java 8, eFORMz cannot find all the resources that it requires. To use the 64-bit version of Java 8 to fix these problems, update jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini to use the 64-bit, Java 8 JRE that comes with eFORMz:
- Edit jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini (typically located at c:/minisoft/eformz_6)
- Find the following line: “;jrepath=c:/minisoft/eformz_6”
- If it is not present, add it (without the semicolon)
- If it is present, remove the semicolon (if present) to un-comment the statement
- Save and close the file
- Start the eFORMz service
Note: If you follow these steps toward resolution please contact Minisoft Support as we are tracking this issue. Also contact us if the service still does not start.