Where to Set Up Your Database Connection
You have a choice to make when you define your eFORMz database connection:
- Define the connection in the eFORMz Composer.
- Define the connection through the Director Toolkit.
eFORMz Composer database definition
This method defines a database connection in the project’s properties. The database connection is used only by the project on which it is defined. You can save the database connection to a file and import the connection to other projects, including projects on different systems.
- Start the eFORMz Composer and open the project.
- Right click the project in the Project window > Properties > Databases.
- Click New.
- Define the database connection. You might want to refer to the list of supported databases and their URLs.
- Alternatively, you can click Load from file if you have a database connection file that was saved from another project.
- Click Activate.
- Click Test. You should receive a successful confirmation in a few seconds or less.
- Click OK, return to the eFORMz Composer, and save your change.
Director Toolkit database definition
This method defines a database connection in the Director Toolkit. The database connection is available to all projects. To make this connection active while you are editing a project in the eFORMz Composer, you must select “Active in the eFORMz Composer’s viewer.”