Common settings for ODBC, JDBC, and OLEDB
This page lists all the parameters and options used to start both the client and server portions of these products.
(for client settings Client Parameters)
Parameters (Not case sensitive)
These values are used on the startup line for the servers. This can be in the command file or inetd configuration that launches the listener process.
Precede these values with a slash (/) for HPUX, Windows, and Linux. When using more than one parameter, use the space character to separate them (including MPE). The parameters are not order dependant.
- S – Require valid host logon information. (highly recommended)
- W – Allow update access.
- N – Use Eloquence Native libraries in place of Image emulation. (not on MPE)
- V – Print version information to the terminal and exit.
- R – Return record numbers as ROWID column.
- H – Allow host command processing.
- C – Use Catalog Editor file for additional access control.
- F – Force Full Read mode.
- P – Port to use.
- T – Trace mode. (Do not use this option in production.)
- E – Environment File. (not on MPE)
Used to set port specific information. Used primarily for Omnidex keys.
- U – Allow CIUPDATE. (MPE only)
- M – Message File Single Read (MPE only)
When enabled, each select statement will read and return only one record before reporting end-of-file.
- A – syslog Facility (not on MPE)
The following line from inetd.conf on an HPUX system shows the parameters that permit write access, require a valid logon, and returns the record number as ROWID.
odbcsrvr stream tcp nowait root /opt/minisoft/odbcsrvr.exe odbcsrvr.exe /W /S /R
The following line from the MSJOB file on an MPE system shows the same settings.
!SETVAR MSSERVER000004 "30006 0 ODBCSRVR.MM.MINISOFT;PRI=DS;INFO=' S W R'"
- MSTRACELOGON (not MPE)Set to 1.
Logs startup (valid or error message).
Logs Usage (record count and CPU) on exit.
- AIFCHANGELOGON (MPE only)
- MSTEMPFM (MPE only)
- MSFILEEQ (MPE only)
- TraceSysLevel (Tracing Facilities)
- TraceLogLevel (Tracing Facilities)
- TraceLogFlush (Tracing Facilities)
- TraceFileName (Tracing Facilities)
- TMPDIR (HPUX)